Deadline: 30 April 2023
World Economic Forum (WEF) of Young Global Leaders 2024
Every year, World Economic Forum selects a remarkable group of exceptional leaders under the age of 40 who have the tenacity, foresight, and track record to better the world. WEF seeks individuals who reflect global diversity, innovate to advance the public interest, and place a premium on genuine public-private cooperation exchanges. These individuals will be invited to join the community and embark on a three-year transformational journey.
Every year 100 Young Global Leaders with exceptional experience are carefully selected and handpicked out of thousands of applications.
The selected YGLs are drawn from a range of sectors and are recognized established leaders who are strategic and inspiring with a deep commitment to creating lasting positive change within their societies and globally.
To be eligible to join the Class of 2024, candidates will need to fulfil the criteria below:
– Candidates from the corporate sector must be responsible for the full operation of a corporation or division and hold one of the following titles (or equivalent): president, board chair, chief executive officer, managing director, or managing partners. Candidates should have demonstrable commitment to serving society, beyond their day-to-day responsibilities (e.g., volunteering, corporate social responsibility activities, charity, boards of institutions).
– At the startup level, candidates must be founders, chief executive officers or chairs of boards. Series C start-ups and unicorns are strongly preferred.
– For the public sector, government leaders should be ministers, parliament members, mayors of capital cities or highly populated cities, governors, or heads of political parties. Leaders of international organisations should be at least P-5 level or equivalent.
– For civil society leaders and social entrepreneurs, candidates should be founders and chief executive officers of consequential civil society organizations or social enterprises, or hold a senior leadership role in a large global NGO.
– From academia, candidates should be deans or professors from top tier regional or national universities.
– Artists, athletes, and cultural leaders must have leveraged their arts or notoriety to address a systemic issue and serve society at large (e.g., tangible initiatives, social media campaigns, etc).
– From media, candidates should be editor-in-chiefs, publishers, journalists or social media influencers with a clear focus on public good topics.
All applicants must be born between 1 January 1985 and 31 December 1995.
- 30 April 2023 – Official nomination period for the class of 2024 ends. Nominated candidates may be invited to submit a brief application.
- May – November 2023 – The World Economic Forum shortlists candidates for further review. As part of the due diligence process, shortlisted candidates may be asked to meet with a member of the YGL Community between July 2023 and September 2023.
- December 2023 – An independent selection committee evaluates the nominees for finalist status.
- January 2024 – Candidates will be informed of their selection.
- March 2024 – The announcement of the new class of Young Global Leaders.
Would you like to nominate a candidate to join the Young Global Leaders Community? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.