Deadline: 1 March 2023.
United Nations (UN) Voluntary Fund 2024
The United Nations (UN) Voluntary Fund for Victims of Torture has launched the 2024 call for applications on 15 January.
The UN General Assembly mandated the UN Voluntary Fund for Victims of Torture to distribute voluntary contributions to victims of torture through “established channels of assistance”. As a general rule, only applications by civil society organizations are admissible. Applications by governmental, parliamentary or administrative entities, political parties or national liberation movements are inadmissible.
Types of grants
The Fund awards two types of annual grants: direct assistance and capacity building (instructions below). The Fund also awards emergency grants for direct assistance.
When to apply for an annual grant
The call for annual grant applications is open every year from 15 January to 1 March (applications submitted after the deadline will not be accepted). Direct assistance and capacity building annual grants are awarded for a one-year period (1 January to 31 December) of the following year for amounts ranging from 30,000 USD to 100,000 USD.
Applications must be submitted in English, French or Spanish.
How to apply
Organizations wishing to apply must do so through the online grant application system (GMS) through the following steps:
- Organizations must first register on the online platform;
- Once they have created an account, organizations should answer all questions and complete all fields in the online application form;
- Once organizations have completed their application, they should submit it through the same online platform (only applications submitted through GMS will be considered).
For more detailed information about how to apply for a grant, organizations are invited to read about the annual grant cycle and consult the following documents:
- Guidelines of the Fund for the Use of Applicants and Grantees: English | Français | Español | Русский | العربية
- User Manual (available on the GMS following registration) English | Français | Español
- Guidance for applicants to determine whether project beneficiaries qualify as victims of torture: Interpretation of Torture in the Light of the Practice and Jurisprudence of International Bodies (PDF)
- Brochure on the Fund’s grant opportunities
English | Français | Español