Deadline: May 14, 2023
The Village Capital Innovation for Ecosystem Restoration Africa Accelerator Program 2023
The Innovation for Ecosystem Restoration Africa 2023, supported by Moody’s Corporation, is an accelerator program that will support entrepreneurs promoting ecosystem restoration by addressing deforestation, land degradation, water scarcity, loss of biodiversity, and adverse climate change, which have emerged as some of the most pressing challenges facing sub-Saharan Africa.
Village Capital, with the support of Moody’s Foundation, will support 10-12 impact-driven startups building locally viable ecosystem restoration solutions in Africa.
The Innovation for Ecosystem Restoration program will address some of the most pressing and complex challenges facing ecosystem restoration entrepreneurs in sub-Saharan Africa. The goal is to deliver an accelerator for entrepreneurs championing ecosystem restoration throughout sub-Saharan Africa.
Village Capital is looking for (for-profit) startups building locally viable ecosystem restoration solutions. Eligibility requirements include:
- Must be a for-profit entity and have legal incorporation and operations in at least one sub-Saharan African country.
- Have a market-based solution that tackles ecosystem restoration challenges in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Have at least a minimum viable product (MVP), some traction under their belt, and raised less than $1M in equity.
- Have meaningful customer or business validation (not limited to revenue, it can also be successful pilot studies, number of users, and/or strategic partnerships).
- Have at least one full-time founder based in sub-Saharan Africa.
Training and Continued Learning
Access to live and asynchronous sessions tailored to a virtual learning environment to help their companies identify early milestones and prepare for their next round of capital (if relevant) or big expansion.
Startups will connect with a diverse and inclusive network of mentors, founders, and investors.
Ability to meet with and receive mentorship from prominent investors, potential strategic partners and customers, and other founders.
Startups will participate in a virtual investor forum and mock board meetings with representatives from financial institutions, corporates, experienced entrepreneurs, and investors that can help their company scale.
Access to an investment analyst who will coach you one on one on building a financial model, identifying unit economics, and using financial metrics to drive both the business and investor diligence.
Get featured on Village Capital’s program website and other collateral.
- April 3, 2023 : Applications Open
- May 14, 2023: Applications Close
- July 2023: Cohort Announced
- August – September, 2023: Program Workshops