Deadline: May 31, 2023
SBI Youth for India Fellowship 2023 for Citizens of India, Nepal and Bhutan
The SBI Youth for India Fellowship is the flagship programme of the SBI Foundation, offering a transformative 13-month experience for the youth of India, Nepal, Bhutan, and Overseas Citizens of India (OCI). This prestigious Fellowship empowers talented individuals between the ages of 21-32 years to work with leading partner NGOs and drive impactful rural development projects in rural India.
SBI Foundation is the CSR arm of the State Bank of India (SBI). It is a pioneering organization dedicated to empowering freshers and young professionals to make a meaningful impact in rural India.
- Providing educated youth with an opportunity to touch lives and create positive change at the grassroot level in rural India.
- Providing NGOs working on development projects in rural India with educated manpower whose skill sets can be used to catalyze rural development.
- Promoting a forum for the programme alumni to share ideas and contribute to rural development throughout their professional lives.
- Perks and Benefits of SBI Youth for India Fellowship 2023
Fellows will receive the following benefits under SBI Youth for India 2023 Fellowship programme:
- Skill development in project management, leadership, and community mobilization.
- Mentorship and guidance from social sector experts throughout the Fellowship.
Networking with like-minded individuals and experts through cross-cultural learning.
- Access to a diverse and active alumni network.
Working professional to get the opportunity to switch careers and explore the development sector.
- This fellowship experience helps in developing leadership qualities like resilience, problem-solving, interpersonal communication, conflict resolution, negotiation, perseverance, patience, empathy.
- Provides a monthly stipend of up to 17,000 INR to support Fellows’ living expenses.
- Re-adjustment allowance: 60,000 INR on successful completion of the Fellowship programme.
- Health and personal accident insurance cover.
- Participatory experience in rural communities of India
- Youth between the ages of 21 to 32 may apply for the Fellowship
- For Citizens of India, Overseas Citizens of India (OCI), Citizens of Nepal and Bhutan
- Atleast a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- The Fellowship welcomes applicants from diverse professional and academic backgrounds who exhibit a strong interest, passion, and commitment to the development of rural India.
- Applicants should have humility and eagerness to learn within a cross-cultural context and demonstrate a strong commitment to service.
- They should also possess the ability to be adaptive, resilient, and innovative in finding solutions in under-resourced environments.
How to Apply
The Application Process offers Fellowship Aspirants a unique opportunity to work with rural communities, build their dream projects, and make a meaningful impact on India’s development goals.
- Stage 1 (Registration and Online Assessment): Fill out the Registration Form and begin your Online Assessment. During the assessment, you will be asked to provide a detailed essay-based response where you can share your story, perspectives and intention to join the Fellowship.
- Stage 2 (Personal Interview): The Personal Interview stage is where the esteemed panel evaluates the applicant’s personal characteristics and suitability for the role. This stage is designed to help the selection panel make informed decisions based on factors beyond academic qualifications and work experience and gain a deeper understanding of the person.