Application Deadline: December 15, 2022
Candidates are invited to submit an application for the post of Editor in Chief (EIC) of the Journal of ISAKOS, the organization’s premier peer-reviewed, open access publication, by the International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery, and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine (ISAKOS) (JISAKOS). A three-year term, starting in July 2023, will be held by the EIC.
The goal of ISAKOS is to enhance international collaboration and sharing of knowledge in arthroscopy, knee surgery, and orthopaedic sports medicine. A vital tool for disseminating educational material, JISAKOS is also a very visible component of the organization and its membership. You may read more about ISAKOS here.
JISAKOS is an online-only, open access orthopaedics journal that compiles the most recent findings and evidence-based recommendations in joint disorders, traumatology, and orthopaedic sports medicine to offer busy orthopaedic surgeons and specialists a comprehensive resource for patient diagnosis and care. JISAKOS publishes papers in a variety of categories, including original research, systematic reviews, state-of-the-art reviews, reviews of current concepts, novel techniques, case studies, and commentary. Orthopaedic sports medicine, sports traumatology, arthroscopy, degenerative joint disease, arthroplasty, sports injury rehabilitation, team coverage, and other areas of interest are among the main areas of interest.
The journal has been approved by Clarivate into the Emerging Sources Citation Index and is listed in the Medline database. This allows Clarivate to calculate a journal impact factor in the future. Through the journal’s continuous online publication approach and gold Open Access format, the editorial team is committed to delivering quick publication of research.
Six issues of JISAKOS are released annually in collaboration with Elsevier. In addition to leading a group of Associate Editors, speciality editors, and section editors in performing peer review of articles submitted for publication, the EIC will serve as the JISAKOS’s public face and set the journal’s direction.
Editor in Chief Responsibilities and Qualifications
The primary responsibilities of the EIC of JISAKOS include the following:
- Providing a clear vision for the direction of the Journal.
- Acting as ambassador of the Journal to the international author/editor/reviewer and ISAKOS member communities.
- Identifying and appointing qualified Associate Editors, specialty editors, and other key members of the Editorial Board to create a cohesive team of experts who will work to raise the impact of JISAKOS.
- Soliciting high-quality manuscripts from potential authors, deciding which manuscripts to publish, and assisting authors to develop their manuscripts for publication.
- Selecting a sufficient pool of expert reviewers to reach conclusions and make decisions on manuscripts in a timely manner.
- Overseeing the peer review of manuscripts to ensure the journal publishes only the highest quality and most relevant manuscripts in the field.
- Ensuring that the journal peer review process is managed in a timely manner, to make JISAKOS a top destination for the best submissions in the field.
- Working with the Publisher and editorial team to effectively and efficiently review, accept and publish JISAKOS submissions.
Candidates must have demonstrated scholarship and recognized leadership in advancing fields relevant to ISAKOS and the content areas for the Journal. The Editor Search Committee desires the following qualifications:
- MD and/or PhD degree or equivalent and should hold an ongoing clinical practice and/or academic position.
- Extensive authoring and editing experience in prominent, peer-reviewed scholarly journals and experience as a reviewer with a proven track record for excellence and timeliness.
- Access to a broad network of experts working in fields relevant to the content areas of JISAKOS.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to meet the time demands of the Editor position.
Interested individuals should prepare and submit an application to the ISAKOS office via email to Hilary Merliner (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please include the following with your application email:
- A letter of application describing your qualifications for the role of EIC of JISAKOS, including past experience as an editor or member of an editorial team, history of scholarship and surgical expertise in the field, and demonstrated capacity to manage deadlines and to attract contributors;
- A statement of your vision for JISAKOS under your leadership including how you would assemble a team and implement that vision;
- Your curriculum vitae (CV) or resume;
- Applicants will be provided with a list of questions that that the JISAKOS Editor Search Committee requests be answered and returned to the committee.
The deadline for receipt of application materials, including Q&A responses is December 15, 2022.
Interested individuals should prepare and submit an application to the ISAKOS office via email to Hilary Merliner (email@example.com).
The ISAKOS Office and/or Chair of the Editor Search Committee will reach out to applicants for any clarification, if needed. After the search committee has reviewed the applications and Q&A documents, finalists will be selected, and interviews with finalists will be scheduled in March 2023 during the AAOS conference in Las Vegas, NV.
Key Target Dates
By December 15, 2022: Submit application (including letter of interest, CV, Q&A and vision for JISAKOS)
January 2023: Search Committee Review of candidates
February 2023: Finalists invited to in-person interview
March 2023: In-person interviews with search committee (in Las Vegas during AAOS 2023)
By March 31: Offer letter sent; acceptance letter received
April-June, 2023: Transition/On-boarding period
June 18-21, 2023: New Editor in Chief Introduced at ISAKOS 2023 in Boston
please visit: https://www.isakos.com/JISAKOSEIC