Institute of Himalayan Risk Reduction “DRRM Fellowship 2023”
Apply before 15 Dec, 2022
Institute of Himalayan Risk Reduction (IHRR) is an organization established with an objective to assess and understand the risk to contribute to sustainability. Complying with the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction(SFDRR), IHRR envisions to understand the risk and application of interdisciplinary knowledge with Science, Engineering, Technology and Innovation to contribute for risk reduction and bridging of academic research with professionals and policymakers for sustainability. The team consists of professionals with expertise and experiences in the field of disaster risk management in understanding the risk, conducting academic research, and field-level implementations in Nepal and different parts of the world.
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION / REQUIREMENTS:
Call for the application of “DRRM Fellowship 2023”
Institute of Himalayan Risk Reduction (IHRR) with the support from the DCA Nepal invites applications from Nepali students for a six months long DRRM Fellowship. This fellowship is exclusively a Masters’ Thesis Research Grant.
IHRR provides research grants to students from different Nepalese universities on a competitive basis to enhance the young researchers’ skills and capacity and help them produce good quality research.
Students from Disaster Risk Management, Civil/Environmental Engineering, Geosciences, Hydrology/Meteorology and other disciplines willing to work on Impact-based flood forecasting models for effective anticipatory action can submit a 2 pager concept paper by December 15, 2022.
MSc Thesis Grant
Number of Grants: 2
Amount of each Grant: Rs.50,000
The research award is looking for visionary proposals that will contribute to promote innovation and science based decision making for flood early warning systems and early action. The proposed concept must be bold, innovative, and transformable, and must have the potential to impact on flood risk assessment.
Duration of the Grant
All successful applicants must complete their research work within 6 months after signing the grant agreement.
- Students must be affiliated to the universities of Nepal.
- Two-page concept note about the Flood Forecasting for Anticipatory Actions with a strong interest, and the transcript of Bachelor’s and marksheet of M.Sc. first semester (both merit and interest-based selection).
- Recommendation letter from the respective university/program coordinator/thesis supervisor.
- Should be willing to work under the supervision of DCA/IHRR professionals related to the topics.
- Should be willing to carry out fieldwork for data collection
- Submission of one research manuscript is compulsory after the study.
Deadline of Application:
Please email all the requested documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th December, 2022
How to apply