Open to all Texas undergraduate and graduate students
The Conrad Program is managed at UNT Dallas, but is open to all qualified undergraduate and graduate students across Texas. You do not need any affiliation with UNT Dallas to apply. See full application requirements below.
Empower. Equip. Impact.
Texas State Senator Royce West established the Conrad Leadership Program to help Texas students gain employment experience before they graduate.
The program is named after the renowned Dallas African-American physician and educational advocate, Dr. Emmet J. Conrad. Since being established in 1993, there are now more than 2500 Conrad Alumni.
Conrad interns at UNT Dallas used the skills they learned in the Marketing & Communications department to create their own video highlighting their summer experience.
|October 1 – December 31||Application Window|
|January 17 – 27, 2023||Student Interviews|
|February 17, 2023||Mandatory Virtual Orientation|
- Be enrolled at a four-year college or university.
- Maintain a grade point average of at least 2.5 (on a 4-point grading scale). This allows for your consideration for the program. Many of the employment sponsors have higher grade point average requirements.
- Complete the on-line application process and provide required documentation (references, resume, transcript). Attend mandatory orientation.
- Pass selection committee interview.
- Commit to participate in one service learning project and two summer professional development sessions.
- Pass employer sponsor interview.
- Adhere to company employment policies and procedures (Submit to criminal background check, credit check, and/or drug tests, when required by employers).